How about

1) Get list from external system (1,000,000)
import each of them - get the ID back for each.
Store SSN/ID for each in separate table (not in your system) -- will that
pass security?

2) Next week - compare old list to new list for
1) Mods
3) News

1) Find the old ID from new SSN -- then update it
2) Find the old ID from new SSN -- then delete it
3) Since no old SSN exists -- create it

To me -- that is the only realistic approach you have.

Certainly you could do your orig approach -- but then you would need more
ARS licenses -- bigger hardware etc...
(Approx cost $500,000)

Tell that to security -- $5 USD says they will let you hold a SSN/ID table
somewhere else (not in the ARSystem)

-John

--
John David Sundberg