Joe,

Or it might be an internal Mid-tier problem that goes something like...
" Oh.. I need to go fetch/cache that form... so I have nothing to show
you right now.. So.. User you go away and when you come back then I
will be ready for you." (thus give an error once and start the cache
process for that form)

A strange thing about the "dump" cache tool is that it does not
trigger a recache (prefetch, or otherwise) operation. I would actually
expect that the function should mark all of the cache as "old" and
then force a recache of all items already in the cache. However it
appears to only "dump and stop". Then the Mid-Tier waits for the next
user to "pay the price" for the lack of a cache.

LJ,

( Just a thought. )

There was also a perl script that was used with the v6.3 Mid-Tier to
"login and force the server to cache objects". (Basically just
simulating a user activity of opening the form.) Maybe if your
development process incorporated such a step you could stop "dumping"
the cache all together?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 10/16/07, Joe D'Souza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
>
> In addition of checking out the bug that Michael pointed out, take a SQL log
> at the time the error occurs to verify what the system API's are trying to
> access at the time of the error. It might reveal something about your error.
>

> Joe D'Souza

<snip>