I know it is not Friday...
Some of you may already know about this .... (from 12/2006 time line)
I also think the links (and the relevance to the thread) is not funny
at all. ( If this really happened. And as far as I can tell... it
really did.)

A case of how a customer was treated by a major Telco ( and their
customer service department) when trying to deal with a "rate" from _a
trip to Canada_. He called before the trip, and was told a rate and
then was billed with a 100 times greater rate. He spent a lot of time
trying to work out a $71'ish dollar charge vs the $0.71'ish dollar
charge that he was expecting. I truly hope that not one of the BUW
attendees have any surprises on their phone bills like what this
person suffered.

http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/

A quick link to a recorded call with customer service can be found here...

Fair warning.... I have not listened to the whole recording. However I
did hear some (very little) questionable language in the recorded call
with customer service. Some would think that the customer boarders on
"saint hood" for not being more upset.

http://media.putfile.com/Verizon-Bad-Math

So as usual... buyer beware... and do not trust everything you
read/hear on the Internet. :)

--
Carey Matthew Black