  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stan Feinstein
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:39 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Project Remedies will be at BMC UserWorld Vancouver.

**

Hi Gidd,

When you read Service Strategy, the first book in the ITIL V.3. series, the
first topic discussed on page 3 is transaction costs.  Simply stated, and
the authors go into more detail starting on page 97, you want to know the
cost for each request.  We know that there are 3 types of requests: small
ones, medium-sized ones and large ones (i.e. projects).  There are 3
elements of cost: resource cost i.e. time, expenses and asset cost.

Since our ActionProgram Manager runs on the AR System server and includes
time and expense tracking functionality for all Remedy-based tasks: help
desk tasks, change tasks, project tasks (which are all related to requests)
and "other" tasks not related requests, if you are using Remedy's Asset
Management system (or a home-grown AR System-based asset mgt system or an
asset mgt. system from another vendor that you have integrated with the AR
System), you have all costs in one system.  The costs are tracked at the
task level and you can relate each task to a request.  If you associate a
revenue figure with the request (for example, the cost to install a PC is
$100), since you also have the cost, you can approach a P&L statement for
each request, and summarize to each type of request.  Since you know who the
requestor is and the Business Unit they work for, you can also approach a
P&L statement for each business unit IT is serving.  We call this a Demand
Management or Service Request Management Framework, and you can find a
datasheet about this on our home page ( <http://www.pri-us.com>
www.pri-us.com) or call me and I can discuss it with you and demonstrate it
if you like, or come to UserWorld.  The datasheet has a helpful diagram
showing all of this in more detail.

By the way, if you do this, you also know what each person in IT is working
on.  This is Resource Mgt. at the detailed level.  Our IT Project Portfolio
Manager covers resource mgt. at a skills (macro) level.

And this is why you want an integrated solution rather than a group of
disparate products.  Disparate products will then require the timely and
expensive integration project to bring all the data together, so that's why
I say that getting MS Project Server or any other PM system for that matter
is like shooting yourself in the foot.  It takes you away from understanding
transaction costs rather than helping you understand transaction costs.

This is what the authors of Service Strategy are talking about, and this is
what our solution addresses.  That's all I'm implying.

And by the way, thanks for asking.

Stan

Are you implying that your solution is ITIL compliant?  or ITIL Version 3
compliant for that matter ?

Regards...Gidd

  _____