Well, one thing you could do is to evaluate the opening of the Help Desk
form, and if the user is a member of that group, open the form in a Search
mode, and then add the Filter that Scott suggested to ensure that they don't
attempt to change that window.

You could also add an Active Link that looked at the Group and $OPERATION$
variable.  If the $OPERATION$ (i.e. the mode) = anything but "QUERY" or
"SET", close the window and re-open it in Search mode.  That would keep them
from even opening a Submit window.

Rick