Can someone clear this up for me as it seems to come up a couple times
per year. We are using network authentication (not area ldap). Both
cross reference blank passwords and authenticate unregistered users are
checked. All our staff have blank passwords in the User form. Every now
and then a user only gets a read license. The problem seems to occur
when the user enters an ID in Remedy that does not match the case
sensitivity of their network account (network account is JoeUser, Remedy
account is joeuser). I am using the special field Authentication Login
Name (field ID 117) which matches exactly their network ID.

Any ideas why this happens? Is the Remedy user ID case sensitive?
Shouldn't field ID 117 fix any problem? Is this another old bug
reintroduced by my upgrade to 7.1?

One other question. In the user log I am seeing Impersonated by MidTier
Service when some users login?

ARS/MidTier 7.1 on IIS.

Thanks

Brian Sokol