On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:32:06AM -0500, T. Dee wrote:

>    **
>
>    At least someone agrees with me :-)
>

>    Now for the big one million dollar question is how in ITSM 7 to create
>    OLAs for Change Tasks using SLM.
>

>    Anyone out there done this?
>

>    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLM 7 can integrate to pretty much any backend form... That is the beauty
of its design, simply add the datasource and its parameters and it will
build all the filters for you.  Tasks in the end is just another
request-based datasource.  This could be better documented in the
guides but it is pretty straightforward to get it mesuring.  If you want
the equivalent of the SLM tab to show on tasks, then you need to
build/copy those objects from change and build the workflow to display
it/update it if you use any of the tabs functionality.

Now what will make things shine in your setup will be to have your OLAs
as dependencies of the SLAs attached to Change.  This would let you
measure real penalties in relation to your service level agreements and
put in some foundation work for operational chargebacks for breaches.
This can also be setup from SLM but for it to give you any practical
comparission metrics you need to do some work.

Cheers,

Curtis Gallant
Consultant