Hi Jase,

You can't tell which fields are optional or required, even when looking at
the form through the admin tool.
The reason for this is that :
- even if a field is required, it can have a default value which causes that
you will not have to specify it
- there might be workflow checking for values in non-required fields and
throwing errors; this might even be only in certain conditions; e.g. a
Pending Reason should be filled in if the request has Status = Pending.

If you're using ITSM 7, you have the Incident_Create form which is
documented --> see the ITSM 7 Integrating document.
If you're not using ITSM7, you might want to create a form like that which
you document yourself; but that can be a lot of work depending on the
requirements.
--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards
Michiel Beijen