-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J.T. Shyman
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Admin tool crashes when sync search database

Hmmm.

Bad RAM: Maybe, maybe not. Depending on how the RAM is accessed it may
only
appear at certain times. You're probably right, though. Still, I'd
suggest
downloading a memory test software such as DocMemory
http://www.simmtester.com/page/products/doc/docinfo.asp (bypass the free
compulsory registration using www.bugmenot.com ) and run it overnight.
Never
know.

Bad .dll: As you said I'm thinking maybe a support .dll that isn't part
of
the AR Admin Tool install could be flaking out. Hard to find.

Do you and he have the same hardware? The reason I ask is I have seen
network card drivers cause crashes in applications on occasion.

When it crashes there is an error box that pops up. There should be a
"more
information" or something like that. Sometimes looking through that may
shed
some light on the issue. Also, check the event logs on his system for
the
previous crashes and see if they point to a file that can't be read or a
registry entry that can't be opened or something like that.

Sorry for the shotgun approach but chasing down transient errors is one
of
the more difficult tasks in IT

J.T. Shyman
Column Technologies