  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Russ Grant
  Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:10 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Escalations ARS 7.x

  ** Apparently there is a change to the way Escalations execute in ARS 7.x.
In previous versions of ARS, going back MANY years, when you created an
escalation which runs on an interval - it would execute upon saving it and
then on the interval. In version 7.1 the escalation will not execute
immediately but will wait until the interval time to execute. While I can
appreciate that people might want to wait until the interval time has
expired before running the escalation I wish that Remedy would have made it
an option, I want it to run immediately so I can test the results. I realize
I can set a short interval, test the results, then reset the interval but in
many cases I only want to run the escalation once to clean up data, in which
case I would set the interval to 99 days (just in case I get side tracked ,
I still have 99 days to turn off the escalation).

  Russ
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:00 PM