I am with you but, you may need also to specify once, a definite number
of times or always.

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Heider, Stephen
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:38 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Escalations ARS 7.x

On my wish list (for years), I want to be able to right-click any
escalation and select Run Now. Maybe in a later version of ARS.

You could create a separate regular form to hold your "escalations"
which has filters attached to it.  An escalation would then check this
small form every 1 minute to see if anything needs to be done. If so,
then the escalation would push a value to the Status field, which would
run the filters and update the schedule for the next run.

With your escalations in a separate form you could then test any
escalation by manually updating the Status field.

HTH

Stephen
Remedy Skilled Professional

  _____