The Genie was "revealed" with great pride by Larry Garlick as a coming feature
in ARS 4 at the '98 RUG in San Francisco during one of the main sessions. Half
of the room full of developers said "whee!"... the other half said "Great, one
more thing to break."  We were supposed to be able to use it (with guides?) to
make Remedy apps user friendly, and the genie would be to Remedy what the paper
clip is to MS apps.  I've always wanted to use it that way, but they just never
gave us the option.  If you have the right sound card configuration, he speaks,
but it's in that "the way computers spoke in '98" kind of voice.  Some days,
when I have a little time... I bring him out to talk, but he just says the
worst things.  (He's bitter.)

David M Clark
Remedy Programmer/Analyst

>>> Ben Cantatore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/27/2008 12:23 PM >>>
As Warren said before, this was put in place around version 4 or 5 (I
forget which) and was never fully implemented.  The only reason I know of
its existence was back at version 4 (or 5) I implemented OLE for spell
checking as all my users were on ARUsertool.  Remedy was a lot easier back
then :).

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Administrator
Avon
(914) 935-2946

Roger Walls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
02/27/2008 01:15 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: OT - Possible Friday Humor from BMC's Knowledgebase

Is there any way to use the genie in the client tool?

Roger Walls