Some of it has to do with the fact that the patch does not comply with
the current patching model, and that its automated installer will
destroy any changes you have made to the HPD:Help Desk form prior to
running it, including the integration of another BMC application
(supposedly), Remedy Knowledge Management.  Basically, they still have
not gotten their own patches and integrations to stop clobbering each
other when you install them.

The only problem with the template add-on that needed to be fixed
(besides the entire installation process) to my knowledge was the menu
for the TMS:TemplateSelection form, where patch 9002 broke the selector
if you had Change Management installed.  I opened an issue with this in
Feb 2007, and they gave me a workaround (below) to the defect in March
of 2007, so they have obviously not had enough time to fix it
permanently:

=============
The following workaround could be done until defect SW00261443 is fixed
and released as revision 2 to Patch 9002.
The original menu TMS:TIC:ApplicationName that was associated to field
Category (10007101) of form TMS:TemplateSelection could be re-attached
to this field. However this will expose all integrating applications on
the Category menu (IM, CM) so end users would have to be cautioned about
using relevant categories so they do not attach an Incident Template to
a Change template and vice versa.
The new menu TMS:TIC:ApplicationFormName introduced in Patch 9002 will
be fixed to work with all integrating applications. It will show the
Category matching the calling integrating application plus Task
Management System, this worked for the IM integration but not correctly
for the CM integration.

At this rate, they will release a new version of ITSM before they ever
fix this problem in ITSM 7.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/