Hi everyone -

I'm attempting to output the contents of a large character field to a file
via a filter action.  I must use a filter because this process will be used
for processing emails coming in to our server.  Above a certain size I want
to output the email body to a file and then attach that file to a Helpdesk
ticket.  I've tried using the following via as a Run Process command:

%ComSpec% /C Echo $FieldValue$ >> c:\file.txt

This works great until the field has a carriage return in the value.  Once a
carriage return is introduced into the field, the process fails completely
and the file is not created at all.  Unfortunately, virtually every time we
use this process, the field value is going to have potentially thousands of
carriage returns in it.  I've tried various combinations with the /A and /S
switches as well as putting double-quotes around the $FieldValue$.  Anyone
have any other suggestions or a completely different way I could try to do
this?

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
MS SQL 2005
ARS 7.0.01 p2

Thanks in advance!
~Mike

---
Michael J Balogh
Wingspan Systems Inc.
 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]