  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of strauss
  Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:00 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: Users of Remedy Knowledge Management 7.1 Patch

  **
  Here's an interesting twist we caught today during acceptance testing on
the pre-production system:

  Our RKM 7.2 server allows users to log in who have local passwords in ARS,
or anonymous through the Self-Service portal.  It refuses users who rely on
AREA LDAP authentication with the error "Invalid login.  Please try again.",
even though they have a valid authentication event logged in the aruser.log
and arplugin.log.  We have never seen this on the 7.1.01.001 system we still
have set up with our development server.

  More whack-a-mole....
  Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
  Call Tracking Administration Manager
  http://itsm.unt.edu/