  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of strauss
  Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 5:49 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: Users of Remedy Knowledge Management 7.1 Patch

  **
  Good news!  Support sent me patch 1610 to debug with, since it has higher
resolution logging.  I was able to determine that it was a access control
group error, not an authentication problem, and fix it.

  We had added a named access control group of 'UNT Customers' to the access
control list since everyone in our system is a member of that company, but
RKM cannot read a long group name, only a group name, and of course in ITSM
7 some complete idiot decided that group names would be the same numeric
value as the group id.  In 7.1 none of the company/organization/department
group ids (or "names") ever appear, so we had added an access control group
by name.  You have to add organizational groups by the numeric group name,
which is actually the group id.  In 7.2 in multitenancy mode, all of the
organizational group ids ("names") appear in the access control group list
(219 of them in our case). When I added Rights and Visibility Group
permissions of Self-Help to the group id that corresponds to UNT Customers,
"1000000006," I was finally able to log in with the LDAP-authenticating
account.

  I'll bet that explains the visibility problem I have with my RIghtAnswers
content; we indexed it using "UNT Customers" instead of "1000000006" so RKM
does not recognize it even though it was defined as an access control group.
  Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
  Call Tracking Administration Manager
  http://itsm.unt.edu/