I have the same issue.
Remedy 7.0.1 patch 6.

I added the assignee column and tried referencing one of those
assignee fields (helpdesk) and it still doesn't show anything.
I look up the form that it should be looking at and look up the
records and it shows nothing in the assignee field on the form.
I need to refresh my memory since I attempted this a year ago.
I only spent about half a day and was told not to bother with it.