After over 7 years of running Rem-Mail with my Help Desk 4.0 and 5.5
systems, it will be hard to convince my users that there is nothing in
ITSM 7 to reply to.  I have observed several lengthy "conversations"
about handling incoming email over the last year +, but have had to
ignore them while fighting other battles to get our system ready for
production.  Since several of you have addressed this problem already,
what are your opinions on the best (and simplest) ways to turn a
customer's reply to a notification into a work log entry (which is what
we do now in Rem-Mail)?  Or is there a better tactic?  I am familiar
with creating a work log entry for a specific Incident since we are
already doing that from follow-up service items in Kinetic Request.
Unlike the HPD:IncidentInterface_Create form (which works just fine for
creating incidents), I have found that the HPD:IncidentInterface join
form is virtually impossible to work with (and endangers existing data)
so that I would much rather work directly in the HPD:WorkLog form.

So, what has worked best for those of you who have already tackled this
issue??

ARS and AREmail 7.1.00.002
ITSM 7.0.02/03.007
SLM 7.1.00
Win2K3 Ent x64
Exchange Server 2000 (yeah, really - I know I need to upgrade...)

I don't have to worry too much about people replying to the SLM
notifications, now that I know that the integration to Incident
Management was improperly designed and fails to send any of them to
assigned support groups; there damn near aren't any going out!! :(

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/