We are on 6.3, so this may not apply, but we have a button that runs a
report to print tickets as well.  If the user specifies a preference
server when logging in, they will get an error when they try to run this
report.  Its almost always a 1658 error though, not a time-out issue.  If
you take out the preference server, and run the report it works fine. 100%
reproducible.

I haven't had a chance to test it in our 7.1 environment yet.  We are
planning on forcing the use of a preference server as well, so please let
me know the outcome of your issue.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

"strauss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
04/11/2008 12:04 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Printing Incidents

As we get closer (we thought) to full implementation of ITSM
7.0.02/3.007 on ARS 7.1.00.002, we now have users testing the
application and clicking on everything. We learned today that clicking
the Print button on the bottom of an Incident form and Change Request
not only does not print the ticket (as you might expect), but it
completely hangs the User Tool with an eventual RPC error.  Happens on
7.1.00.002 and 7.1.00.001 - Service Desk 7.0.02/3.007 or 006 - any
combination of User Tool and server of both patch levels.  All users
have report server set in their User preferences (and the server will
set you to server-based preferences even if you remove them).  Reports
do run from the Report Console.

Anyone run across this one?  I have run into _different_ issues with the
mid-tier reporting of tickets, with IE 7 not allowing some crystal
report active control to run, and firefox hashing the fonts in the
report.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/

***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.***