Come to think of it, it might try to close the wrong window.

(Sorry, I should have thot this thru before sending three separate emails.)

Dwayne

--- Begin Message ---
Actually, I am sure that active links fire after deletions.  We have active
links that run on "Delete" buttons that do the deletion and then close the
window.

So you would have an active link that does a Window Open to create a copy of
itself.
A second that runs on "Window Open" if $OPERATION$ = "CREATE" that sends an
event to the parent.
A third that runs on Event that does the deletion and closes the window.

Dwayne

--- Begin Message ---
On the new entry you could try sending an event to the parent entry on Window
Open if $OPERATION$ = "CREATE".  In the parent form an active link would run on
"Event" and do a "Close Window" action.  I'm not sure active links still fire
after the entry has been deleted but you can try.

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University