No, I had the same experience as the other Gmail users.

Regarding zip files I have had success receiving zipped files via Gmail in
the past but there was no reference to the zip extension in the file name.

Maybe if it was just named FastExp.txt?  Technically not enough to fool a
virus scanner but I have success with it in the past.

Jason