Michiel,

            You're absolutely right save for one thing: Security enforced
via workflow does not come into play via API or ODBC.

            Here's an example: Say you want to give a Remedy user access to
a piece of information but you want to do it in a controlled way so they can
only see what you want them to see and modify what you want them to modify.
You build this through workflow because Remedy's built-in security features
aren't granular enough, or are too generalized, to achieve your goal. The
end result is a specific user account that can only run a given Remedy
application and access the data through that application only. This is all
controlled via workflow. All is well and good until you realize that
accesses via the ODBC driver for AR don't fire workflow. You've had to give
the user account row-level access to the data so your application functions
properly but don't want to give them direct access to the data.

            Since ODBC connections don't fire workflow using the
AR_CLIENT_TYPE is of no help because there isn't an easy way to act on it.
Or is there?

--- J.T. Shyman

  _____