If mid-tier is on one machine and BOXI is on another, they must have
shared file space between them on which to move the actual .rpt files
that must be served up.  BMC has several documents describing how to do
this; I found it MUCH easier to simply put another instance of mid-tier
on the BOXI server and indicate that in the report settings on the
primary mid-tier.  Then it actually creates the .rpt file in the
\reports directory of the mid-tier on the BOXI server, and file-level
access by BOXI is no longer an issue.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/