Great point, Chris.

The compatibility matrix for AR 7.1 states:

Java Support

AR System (Server and Mid-Tier) 7.1.00 requires Java 5.0 and supports that
version or higher. Supported Vendors are:

Operating System Vendor Minimum recommended version

Operating System
Vendor                                  Minimum recommended version

Windows, Solaris, Linux (Red Hat and SuSE)               Sun Microsystems
JDK 1.5.0_12

HP-UX
HP                                          HP JDK 1.5 build 1.5.0.05

IBM
IBM                                         JDK 1.5 SR2

So 1.6 should work but YMMV. 1.5 does work so I agree with Chris. You should
stick to 1.5.0_12 or higher which is compatible with AR 7.0.x as well.

--- J.T. Shyman