From: "Nall, Roger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:02:12 PM
Subject: Virtual Server Name

**
ARS 7.0.1 patch4
Oracle 10g
HPUNIX
Server Group

Another put a new instance of Remedy into production. This environment has two
application servers behind a load balancer. All users are using the virtual
server name for the load balancer to log into Remedy. We are also using Server
Group technology in this environment.

My big question is when developing workflow what server should be referenced in
the workflow, the virtual server name or the server name of the server that is
acting as the admin server? I am thinking it should be the Virtual Server name.
That way, if the Admin Server falls over and the non-admin server becomes the
admin server there will not be a problem with workflow.

We have another environment that has one active and one passive application
server without a load balancer. We do have a Virtual Server name and IP for
this environment. When developing workflow I reference the Virtual Server name
as the server of record. We have been doing this for years without a problem.

Thanks,

Roger A. Nall
Manager, OSSNMS Remedy
T-Mobile USA