Joe,

I am not sure I follow. Here is what I know about Server Groups:

*       Only one sever can act as the Admin server.
*       Both servers are accessing the same database.

Here is what I assume if you use the actual Admin server name:

*       All workflow should be developed only on the Admin server.
*       Any creation/modification of workflow on the non-admin server
should fail.
*       The server reference in the workflow will be the actual server
name of the Admin server.
*       If the Admin server fails and another server is promoted to the
admin server and creation/modification of work flow will have the server
reference of the new admin server thus creating a condition of have
different server references in different pieces of work flow.

Here is what I assume of you use the Virtual server name:

*       All servers in the group will have the same Virtual server
alias.
*       All workflow created/modified will have the same server
reference regardless of which server was the Admin server.

Of course I have not worked with Server Groups so I am only speculating.
I would think if a user is logged into the non-admin server and
performed some ort of action that required admin functionality that
request would be passed to the Admin server for processing. I am basing
all of this on my own experience. I maintain two servers that access the
same database, one active and one passive. I have the Virtual server
name referenced as the alias of both servers. No matter which server is
active I can create/modify workflow and the only the Virtual server will
be referenced.

Thanks,

Roger A. Nall

Manager, OSSNMS Remedy