I am guessing this is your problem:

BasicGuide-630.2006.05.09.pdf Pg 669
"
In forms viewed on the Web, if EXTERNAL() references a field that
contains a qualification such as $Date 1$ <= 'Date 2', you must add
double quotation marks around $Date 1$, like this:
      "$Date 1$" <= 'Date 2'.
"

But you did not share your qualification so I am just guessing. :(

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach