Yes Kathy - you can create and export ARSystem reports to csv from the
mid-tier.  Go into Reports and set up a standard AR system report.  Save
it, then Run it, but when you run select Run to Destination - File and
in Format select csv.  This should automatically set the Character
Encoding field to windows-1252.  Click on Run - then when prompted for
the Report File name give it a name and save it where you want.  That's
about it.  The only problem I sometimes encounter with this is that I am
prompted to Save the Report twice before it works.

Now there is also a way to 'export' the Crystal reports.  Open up a
Crystal Report and once you are in the view of it, select Export Report
(this is a little icon under the File menu item).  You can select the
format, including Excel, to export to.  As for the errors you got when
you tried this, not sure - it could be an environment variable - a bad
path statement - who knows, so without more information I probably can't
help with that one.

Let me know if you need any other help with setting them up.

:-)

Candace DeCou

DOI Remedy Systems Analyst
Verizon Business
Office:  (408) 371-1112

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Verizon Business - global capability, personal accountability.

This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated