I have seen something similar when 1)we ran out of float licenses, 2)the
ARS permissions were Read, 3)the EA chaining order was incorrect, 4)the
User/People forms were out of synch, or 5)the license was not being
applied to the user appropriately

1 & 2:  It sounds as though you have these covered.

3:  If you are authenticating, check this setting in the server
information AR Administration Console/System/General/Server
Information/EA tab

4:  The best way to check #4 is to delete the People record, and
completely re-add the person.  Then check the licensing details on both
the people and user forms.

5. Check the license that is being applied to that user when they log
in.  AR Administration Console/Application/'Users/Groups/Roles'/License
Review

Hope that helps,

LisaD