________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Moore, Christopher Allen
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: java.lang.NullPointerException email error

Hey List-

I've seen some similar errors reported on other topics but nothing
specific to emails I can find.  We're getting an increasing number of
emails that are not being sent with the following error (or some slight
variation thereof):

null

java.lang.NullPointerException

            at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.CreatorModule.doEmailAssociationQuery(Creat
orModule.java:1306)

            at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.CreatorModule.getAttachmentList(CreatorModu
le.java:3323)

            at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.CreatorModule.createMessage(CreatorModule.j
ava:1462)

            at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.CreatorModule.doWork(CreatorModule.java:486
)

            at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:268)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We're on

7.0.1 p 6

ITSM 7

SQL 2005 SP2

Windows 2003 Server

JDK 1.5

I was told at a RUG once that this is just a Remedy bug to be addressed
in a future patch- does anyone know if that's really the case?

Thanks,

Chris

html___
privileged.