________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Benjamin Trimmer
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:39 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Hot Backup Servers

**
Who has implemented a hotbackup server in a 7.x environment?  In 6.3 and
prior, it was relatively simple (license-wise) since the licenses were
in a file, and not the database.  How does, or what is the best way, it
should work in a 7 environment since the licenses are not in the
database?  We thought of having a seperate "standby" database instance
that would get updated via a SQL transaction log.  The problem, however,
is that if the PRD system went down, we'd have to do something with the
license to get it to work.

Thoughts?  Ideas?

Thanks,
Ben Trimmer

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the
transmittal, the information contained in this email message is
CONFIDENTIAL information intended for the use of the individual or
entity named herein. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify
the sender using the above contact information or by return email and

html___