________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Oscar Herrera
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 4:38 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SLM 7.1 Install on AIX troubles

**
I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same trouble...

I'm attempting to upgrade SLM 7.0 to 7.1 on AIX.  No matter what we do
the installer fails.  At first glance the error message indicates the
filesystem does not have enough space.  We've thrown 10gigs at the /tmp
filesystem for installation purposes but no luck.   Thus, filesystem
space is not the issue.

We've changed the BMC_SLM_JAVA_HOME variable from java 1.4 version to
the appropriate java 5 directory.

We are using Humming Bird's Exceed as the installer interface.

BTW...The installer was downloaded off BMC's website  9/30/08 with
support watching me to make sure I got the correct one.

BMC Support has been stumped on this one.  Below you will find the
install error log.

======================================

Log file created by MultiPlatform installer @Tue Sep 30 16:30:19 EDT
2008
INSTALLER_PATH=/tmp/itptemp/slm71/./bmcslm-aix.bin
Checking the environment variables specifed in the JVM files to find the
JVM...
No JVM can  be found using the shell environment variable. Searching JVM
will continue with Path Hints specified in the JVM Files...
jvm files not specified. Searching a JVM can not be performed.
Extracting bundled JRE...
checking disk space on the parition /tmp/istemp442556274163019 for
/tmp/istemp442556274163019/aix-1.4.1.bin
60921 512 bytes disk blocks required.
6160624 512 bytes disk blocks  available on the partition
/tmp/istemp442556274163019
Disk space check on the parition /tmp/istemp442556274163019 succeeded.
checking disk space on the parition /tmp/istemp442556274163019 for
/tmp/istemp442556274163019/aix-1.4.1.bin
Error calculating the uncompressed size of bundled JRE or it is corrupt.
Installation of bundled JRE failed.

html___