  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jase Brandon
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 2:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: escalation

**

Hello All,

Sorry for the slow response - I have been fighting this all day, hoping to
report back with a RESOLVED.

Leonard was right, server was in dev cache mode, and using arsignal.exe -e
was invoking escalation pool #1 and making the escalation fail, as I had no
value in the escalation pool setting. Stopping and starting arserver caused
the escalation to pass and run, now the workflow is failing. :) so I have
something else to figure out.

When the escalation passes and fires, it's giving the below error now:

But when I kick off the workflow manually, I don't get the below error. Any
ideas? This isn't part of the workflow in the escalation.Why is it trying to
write to HPD:HelpDeskAssignment when the escalation fires?

<ESCL> <TID: 0000002572> <RPC ID: 0000000000> <Queue: Escalation>
<Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 1)
> Filter operation in escalation failed, errno=326
<ESCL> <TID: 0000002572> <RPC ID: 0000000000> <Queue: Escalation>
<Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 1)
> HPD:Help Desk Assignment Log : Assigned Support Organization

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Leonard Neely - FOJ
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**

This is a pretty long thread, but since I haven't seen a resolution yet,
I'll give a shot at another obvious, since I have not seen it specifically
suggested in this thread.  But., have you tried restarting AR Server? And
maybe even the physical server?

It sounds like this activity is on a test server, so if you have not already
done so, I would try that.  I see where ARSIGNAL -e was attempted, but I've
seen times where this was not enough.  Also, I have seen some rather strange
things happen with escalations on 7.1, depending on whether the server is in
Development Cache Mode or not.

If your server is in Development Cache Mode, you might try the following:

1.      Change the Mode to "Production" mode.
2.      Restart AR Server
3.      Try your escalation
4.      Place back in Development Cache Mode.
5.      Restart AR Server
6.      Try your escalation.

Also, can you tell us a little bit about your environment?  I'm guessing you
are on ARS 7.1 since Escalation Pools come into play.

What OS

What DB?

Virtual? / Physical?

HTH