And...

You can "walk" existing objects to make sure permissions, labels,
field DB names, help text match for a given field ID too.

For all the same reasons you would write any program... you might want
to automate, simplify, document, log, track, anything done to develop
your ARS applications.

I have even spent sometime on a program to move objects from an ARS
Development server to Production. You know, so I can get some sleep at
night. :) And not have to use the monster, or spend the money on that
thing they call "Migrator".

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)