Excellent - thanks for sharing the resolution.  Now we all know.
:)
Candace

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of vinitPatil
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:21 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Updating user profile in People form...RESOLVED

Hello All,

Thanks for your continuous support..

The issue has been solved. Here are the details..

First I deleted all the People records from CTM:People because the value
for
Submitter field for all the records was "AR_ESCALATOR". Then again I
re-imported records from AD but this time I set the "Submitter" field as
Login ID of the user. Also I set the change permissions of Organization,
Department and Site field as Submitter. So here user automatically
became
submitter for the record. Now he can change Organization, Department and
Site.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinit

vinitPatil wrote:

> Hi Candace,
>
> Thank you for ur reply..
>
> I agree with your point that the true data for site needs to be first
> entered into the form SIT:Site.
> On the People form a menu is connected to Site field which just fetch
all
> the Sites from the SIT:Site form. But People form it self stores Site
> value with corresponding user record. Site field is required as long
as
> the user is Office-Based Employee. There are number of fields on
People
> form related to Site such as Site Country, Site City, Site Street,
Site
> ID, Site State Province, Site Zip/Postal Code, Timezone etc. These
fields
> are used to display the Site Address field which is Display-Only.
> Let me check with changing Submitter. I hope this will give me a hint.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vinit
>

> Decou, Candace M wrote:
>>
>> I believe the problem is that the true data for Site needs to be
first
>> entered into the form SIT:Site.  On the People form, there is just a
>> menu for the Site field associated with the underlying data in the
Site
>> form.  So you must have the data in the Site form first.  You will
>> likely need to look at the permissions on that form and set up your
push
>> fields to that form before you will be able to set the correct fields
on
>> the People form.
>>
>> You will likely need to have Contact Admin permissions in order to
>> perform this also and I doubt that your normal users have that
>> permission set.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Candace
>>

>> ________________________________

User
>> form. If not that, then turn on your logging and have a look. It
looks
>> like there is a Push happening on the People form which is causing
the
>> error message. Let me know
>>

>> thanks
>>

>> shafqat