From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Shafqat Ayaz
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 11:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Install V7.5

**

Hi All
having eagerly waited for a very long time and then finally having got my
hands on V7.5, I am now in the unfortunate position of not being able to
install the darn thing.
It reaches the level where it is trying to validate the database install and
then comes up with the message
TCP/IP connection to the host HQE123136 using port number xxxx failed(I have
tried all different port numbers)
Possible causes:
Database services are not available/running or network configuration is not
configured for TCP/IP protocol or IP or host name/port number is incorrect.

I have verified that the database is running, I can run SQL queries against
the master db.

What am I missing?
Please help!!!!
this is too much to take.

SQL 2005
Windows XP SP2

Many thanks

shafqat

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___