I need to hide the Authentication field for our Mid Tier 7.1 server. I
commented out the following section in the login.jsp file:

<label
for="auth-id"><%=MessageTranslation.getLocalizedText(locale,"Authenticat
ion")%></label>

id="auth-id" maxlength="<%=Params.AUTHENTICATION_STRING_LENGTH%>"
class="loginfield" size="30"

This seems to work with one minor problem. When I comment out this
section and the Mid Tier login screen loads, my cursor is no longer
focused on the User name field. So no a user will have to click in the
field before typing. Anyone have a fix for this?

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.
557 Broadway