Brian-
It looks like you'll also need to comment out two lines of JavaScript that works against that field. Christopher also has this commented out on his form.

Search for these two lines:
//    this.document.loginForm.auth.value="";

//    this.document.loginForm.auth.onkeypress = doSubmit;

The two slashes are how JavaScript code is commented. Yours won't have them.

Kelly