From: Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 4:35:26 PM
Subject: Re: Filters - Enable or Disable via workflow

Claire,

Why not set those criteria as entry into a filter guide?  You could set it to
exit the guide after it meets the criteria for one of them.

Rick

From:        "Sanford, Claire" <claire.sanf...@memorialhermann.org>
Date:        Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:16:01
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Filters - Enable or Disable via workflow

This is something I have never had to do and I scoured the BMC/Remedy KB and
didn't find anything.  I RTFM and didn't find anything.

What I want to be able to do is to enable or disable a filter based on pushing
a button on a control panel or saving a record or something of that nature.  I
want to make it so that my users can do this on their own.

Filter A uses one set of criteria
Filter B uses a different set
Filter C uses a different set than A or B

Example:

If someone is updating a record that never had information in some of the
fields completed - use A

If some of the information was completed - use B

If the information was completed and is being completely replaced - use C

If Filter B and C are enabled, filter A over writes the fields with blanks.

So if I can just turn off selected filters based on need, it would be so much
easier.

ARS 6.3 Patch 18
HD 6.0
Oracle 10 w/9 libraries
Oracle lives on a remote server
Windows 2003 4 gig on app server and 8 gig on DB server

Claire Sanford
Information Systems Division
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
Phone: 713 448 6035