From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Muhlethaler, Laurie
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARERR 300 - Malloc failed on server.

**

Listers ~ several users have encountered the "ARERR 300 - Malloc failed on
server" error when trying to launch an incident.  Additionally, the table in
the IM Console doesn't list any incidents even though I know there are some
(evidenced by my being able to scroll through the table and highlight
various rows, even though nothing appears).  We don't reboot or restart
services on a regular basis and from what I can tell from the error messages
doc info below, this may contribute to the problem.  I'd like to restart the
arserver service, but not before I've gotten suggestions from you folks. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Malloc failed on server.

The system encountered an error during a call to allocate space. The failure
occurred on the server

during processing of a call from the client. In general, this error occurs
when too many processes

are running or when some processes have grown to occupy most or all
available memory on the

server. Recover the memory by shutting down unneeded processes or by
restarting processes that

have been running for a while.

Windows Server 2003

SQL Server 2005

MidTier: IIS 6 (Apache Tomcat)

Java: 1.5.0_15

AR Server / Admin / Client - 7.1.00 Patch 002

7.0.03 Patch 006

Service Desk

Asset Management

Laurie Muhlethaler

First Republic Bank

Remedy Developer / Administrator

415.364.4436

 [First Republic Bank logo] <http://logos.firstrepublic.com/FRB.jpg>

  _____

computer. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.

First Republic Bank and its related entities do not take responsibility for,
or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds
transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this
nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email
communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be
stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.

First Republic Bank is a Division of Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co., FSB

__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___