Agreed...

At first glance - my reaction was "Oh no - what have they done - give
me back the old interface!"

Once I dug a bit further - I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of
use.  Now, after looking at the short videos that are on the BMC
Developer network - I think that the Studio will be a hit.  Naturally,
there are a few tweaks that I see already, but for a first "swag" -
this is pretty good.

For those developers who are loading 7.5 on their test bench or
laptops - I would recommend using SQL Server Express 2008 (its free -
I like that part):

http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/

The 7.5 Install with this database was very smooth (providing you
follow the instructions for the prerequisite elements).

Good luck bud...