From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of James Lauber
Sent: Fri 2/27/2009 1:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Data Load Utility Timeout

Thanks for the response Chuck. I have been running the process as myself,
and I should have the necessary permissions. I tried running it as appadmin
and had the same result. We also haven't customized our People form, yet
anyway.

Andy Lauber
Software Engineer II
Midland Loan Services
913-253-9097 Phone
913-253-9001 Fax
james.lau...@midlandls.com

             Charles Baldi
             <charles.ba...@gm
             AIL.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             Request System                                             cc
             discussion
             list(ARSList)"                                        Subject
             <arsl...@arslist.         Re: Data Load Utility Timeout

             02/27/2009 11:08
             AM

             Please respond to
             arsl...@arslist.o
                    RG

**
I'm not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but we had Data
Load jobs get stuck "In Progress" and had to be killed to clear.  The
problem turned out to be that the admin user we were running the job with
(e.g., Demo) did not have the proper ITSM config/admin foundation
priviliges to update the fields.  You know like Config Categorization
Admin, Contact Support Admin, etc.  We got no errors, the jobs would just
get stuck.  Once we granted the proper privileges to that user, the jobs
completed without a hitch.

Also, if you have customized your People form, look for required fields or
dependencies that might choke the Data Load job.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM, James Lauber <james.lau...@midlandls.com>