Hi

While it is true that an active link could be made to poll the server every
minute or so, that kind of solution is not generally popular with systems
people due to the continuous chatter over the net and in the DB plus the
spasmodic behaviour in the client is unpleasant (the interface temporarily
freezes when the active link polls).

We had this same trouble when building our Telephony intergration suite for
Remedy as our customers are now almost all purely using mid tier.

Clearly telephony requires much more real-time response so the polling idea was
a non-starter (believe me, we tried to make it work).

To solve it we built a push technology that allows you to send workflow events
to any grouping of users spontanously from the server. These are the same
events that active links trigger on.

So all you do is push events (just a text string) to an event-send form in the
server specifying the users you want to send to. In a few mS the active links
in their client trigger. What to do with these events after that is down to you
and your creative genius!

We demonstrated this (REM Event Drive) in the last BMC User World (Vancuver).
It has been licensed to BMC and could well become part of 7.5 in a future
release, but if you want it for any current versions of AR we can get you it.

Let me know if you are intersted. BTW, it works for the WUT as well as mid tier.

Cheers

Mark