From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Stan Feinstein
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:38 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Bug Tracking and ITSM suite

**
Nicky,

That works as well.

Stan
----- Original Message -----
From: Nicky Madjarov<mailto:nmadja...@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG<mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:37 AM

**
Stan.

I hope you are not going to be angry on me if I slightly change the process you
are suggesting (exactly like Bill Belichick would do with the palybooks of the
other fellow coaches when he put hans on them).

1. user submits incident report
2. analyst troubleshoots, confirms the application deffect and a. creates
problem record; b. relates the incident to the problem and then closes the
incident;
3. problem management investigates root cause and possible solutions, in the
mean time any new incidents reporting the same deffect are related to the
problem record.
4. management approves solution (I don't believe it will be the CAB at this
point)
5. project is initiated (in the Action Program Manager or other release mgmt
tool) for implementing the approved solution
6. change is initiated when the solution is ready
7. solution is implemented, CMDB is updated if necessary, change and problem
are closed.

Open deffect = persisting problem in your environment

There you go, ITIL in action ....

Regards,

Nicky Madjarov
phone: 973-202-4278