All:

SRM 2.2 patch 002
ITSM 7.3 patch 009

I recently was tasked to add an "Asset Tag" field to SRM that would ask the
User for his Asset Tag and then pass the data to the Incident and create a
relationship to the affected asset (if there is one) on the Relationships Tab.
I was able to use some temporary display only fields to do the work (since I
didn't want to add any fields to the form) on the HPD:Help Desk form (plus a
couple of filters) but when I tried to create a field in SRM to capture the
data and pass it on to Incident, I got nothing but errors (ARERR 311 to be
exact). So I worked with BMC to find out why. It turns out that not only do you
have to configure SRM to use a specific field on the Incident form, which is
fairly not straightforward, you have to update the HPD:Help Desk staging form
(which sits between SRM and HPD:Help Desk) and update a Filter that pushes the
staging form data to Incident.

Needless to say, none of this is documented. And (shocker!) BMC doesn't even
follow its own recommendations when it comes to staging forms or filter
creation (they have the "Matching IDs" option for a reason).

So, to make it less painful for the next person, I wrote it all up in a little
document which I would like to attach to this post. But I can't. So if anyone
else out there would like a copy of the Word doc, let me know.

-scott philben
sphil...@mac.com