From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Shellman, David
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 5:32 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Capture Client Version

Roger,

If it's being captured at login, then I would assume that an Active Link
is firing on open of the Home Page or a hidden form that is associated
with login workflow.

I believe that $VERSION$ is part of the API call within the clients.

Is there any home grown programs that are using older API's to create or
modify records?  Some of our contractors Push/Pull data from our AR
System to their custom tracking program.  That interface uses older
API's.

I would turn on Active Link logging on the Client.  That should trap the
Active Link that is creating the record.  From there you could add
workflow that adds IP address, etc to further identify the source.
Dave
dave.shell...@tycoelectronics.com
(Wireless)