From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 10:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Changing case of Login Id

Hi,

It is a bad idea to modify User-records each night. This will require that
all cached form definitions has to be recached for the modified users...

Our RRR|LoginConv-tool can modify a list of Login Names in all forms or in
the forms of your choise. It works on both custom applications and OOB
applications.

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia:
* RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.

> Not sure what your environment is but we use an escalation that runs
> nightly that has a SET FIELDS action,
> On the Login Name field (& Primary Email field) set the value to
> LOWER($Login Name$)
>
> I'm sure you could also do this when the initial records is being saved.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Regards,
> Keith.

___