From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Marsh, Lee
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Dealing with stolen Assets

**
We created 2 standard locations/sites called LOST and STOLEN.  We start with
moving the assets to one of those sites once the asset is reported.  We then
process the item through the security protocol  which varies with the class of
the device.  General the LOST/STOLEN process are document in Work Info records:

Evidence of a theft is documented in the work info record for the asset
including a police report number.  Details of the how the device was lost is
also processed (Fell over board on vacation) in the work info records.  If IM,
CM, or Task Management record are generated in the process they are related to
the CI.  For example the remote wipe and delete service task complete by
operations for a lost Black Berry.

This works for us; however, our financials are not integrated at this time with
Remedy.

Hope this helps,

Lee Marsh

Lee Marsh
Remedy Administrator
BAE Systems Office Automation Systems Team
Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Phone:  202-305-9725
Cell:  202-528-1749
Email: lee.ma...@usdoj.gov<mailto:lee.ma...@usdoj.gov>