attached is the error

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Rheault
Sent: Mon 06/15/09 2:03 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Anybody able to export all ITSM 7.x definitions with DevStudio?

This is very frustrating and something that I hoped it was going to be
addressed in DevStudio.
I cannot export all the ITSM 7.5 definitions with DevStudio in one export
operation. I cannot even export all the forms in one operation with DevStudio,
I get an out of memory error, that I attached. My PC has 4 GBs of memory with 8
processors, so it's definitely not a resource issue on my side, it's probably
the DevStudio JRE that ran out of memory.

I really hate it not to be able to do a full definitions export in one shot:
you have to split the export in multiple chunks, which makes the management of
the def files much harder, it more much more time consuming because of you have
to monitor the exports and initiate a new one once the previous completed, etc.

When is BMC going to fully address and correct this?? It seems to me the backup
of the application code at the application level is ESSENTIAL. I was really
hoping that DevStudio would fix this very significant problem, but it it did
not happen. How can you do effective release management and application version
control if you cannot even efficiently and effectively export the definitions??

For what it's worth, we have ITSM 7.5.1, where the app server is running on
Windows 2003 and the database is remote, it's 10gR2 running on Solaris 10. My
PC has Windows XP.

Has anybody been successful in exporting all the defs of ITSM 7.5 in one export
operation?

-Guillaume