Server Name  AND IP address.

Just as a precaution, I'd suggest that when you look for server references that
you include searches for IP addresses.  We moved a 5.x server from one segment
to another.  We kept the server name the same but the IP address changed.  We
found hundreds of IP references imbedded in the code that prevented the server
from coming up.   There is a knowledge base instruction on a fix this in MSSQL
DB's. BMC Support folks sent us the instructions.  I don't know if the same is
true for other systems since our 7.0 install was a clean install with limited
data migration and no custom code.

Folks probably know to equate the server name and IP address, but it caught us
a little off guard at the time.

Lee Marsh

        Lee Marsh
        Remedy Administrator
        BAE Systems Office Automation Systems Team
        Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
        Phone:  202-305-9725
        Cell:  202-528-1749
        Email: lee.ma...@usdoj.gov < mailto:lee.ma...@usdoj.gov>